“Malaysia imports over USD 15 Billion of food annually and exports far less, this is a major problem that needs to be address as the country moves forward with it’s vision of a developed nation”
The MGBF Food Security Initiative will be based on the following strategic reponses to ensure that multiple stakeholders are engaged and that a consolidated effort can be made
- Improved stakeholder interaction to increased engagement through relationship building and data management.
- Improved understanding of the market challenges and opportunities through research and increased involvement of global subject matter experts.
- Improvement of the supply chain with a focus on science, technology and innovation to improve efficiency.
- Increased access to the various financial resources needed to empower the projects.
- A focus on the need for improved human capital development.
- A sustainable approach which will take into consideration the social, economic and environment aspects in both a local and global context.
- The development of policy and planning recommendations to the various stakeholders.
- An interactive communications plan with the direct involvement of the media to ensure a broader awareness of the situation.
The Malaysia Global Business Forum will be holding a series of strategic roundtables and stakeholder engagements to bring increased clarity to the situation. While there is a need to improve the levels of food production in the country which will only come through increased investment throughout the value chain, the more that stakeholders have a chance to meet and chart the future the higher rate of success.
The Malaysia Global Business Forum is proud to invite buyers to the upcoming “Round Table: “Challenge and Opportunities in the Food & Agriculture Sectors” which is organised by the Malaysia Australia Business Council and the Australian High Commission. Key presentations include:
Key Learning Presentation:
Emerging Global Trends in Food Retailing “What buyers need to know”
Buyers Engagement Presentation:
Buyer’s Mission to South Australia
Round Table Discussion:
“Challenge and Opportunities in the Food & Agriculture Sectors”
Policy & Programs “Development of Halal in the new Malaysia”
The Malaysia Global Business Forum will be holding a business matching session from the 24th to the 26th October for inward delegations in the food and agriculture industry. Delegates will be able to meet with 7 confirmed buyers and attend one networking event during this 3 day period.
The Malaysia Global Business Forum will ensure that all delegates will be able to:
- meet with 7 confirmed buyers attend 1 networking event
- Host product information on a dedicated page
- receive a post event report (Fee USD 580)
*Please note for those companies utilising the MGBF business matching services outside these dates the fee will be USD1,000.
To participate in this important event, please contact us.
Programs & Projects
News & Analysis
The Thinking Business Blog
Business Lifestyle Review
Human Capital Review
Business Lunch & Corporate Dinner
Research & Consulting Services
Looking at the Malaysian Market? The Malaysia Global Business Forum offers a range of consulting services, from stakeholder engagement, strategic business development, advocacy and research services for companies and trade associations expanding their market share in the Malaysia and ASEAN growth markets.
Looking at Regional or Global Markets? Assisting Malaysian Exporting companies, including SME’s, looking to expand overseas the Malaysia Global Business Forum uses a data driven approach coupled with the relationships established over years of operations in key export markets of ASEAN, broader Asia, Middle East, Africa, Europe and Australia & New Zealand