AS causes rampant inflammation in the spine, sacrum, pelvis, hips, and joints—leading to chronic pain, spinal fusion, and mobility issues. Chiropractors perform non-invasive treatment — to the spine or other parts of the body to correct spinal alignment (2-8), reduce pain (9-14), and improve mobility. They play a key role as a conservative management and improve quality of life (15).
AS patients often have back stiffness and pain, chiropractor could help their symptoms (16-20). Because the patients’ spine can fuse with AS, chiropractic rehabilitation and exercise therapy are excellent conservative management to keep the spine mobile (21-25).
AS affects millions of people around the world. The CDAHK supports the World AS Day to raise the profile of this disease and increase awareness of the impact it has on chiropractic patients physically, mentally and emotionally health.
1. Chu E. The Opportunity to Unlock the Architecture of Healthcare Model: Chiropractic Care-at-Home. Journal of Contemporary Chiropractic. 2022 March; 5(1):44-49
2. Chu EC, Yau K, Ho V, Yun S. The scalable approach to the Chiropractic patient journey. Asia Pacific Chiropractic Journal. 2022 February; 2(5):2-8
3. Chu E. Smart Rehabilitation Clinic. Journal of Contemporary Chiropractic. 2022; 5(1):7-12
4. Chu ECP, Wong AYL. Change in Pelvic Incidence Associated With Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction: A Case Report. J Med Cases. 2022 Jan;13(1):31-35
5. Chu C, Wong RS. Chiropractic pain control in myelofibrosis: A case report. New Horizons in Clinical Case Reports. 2017 August; 2:7-9
6. Chu ECP, Lee LYK. Adjacent segment pathology of the cervical spine: A case report. J Family Med Prim Care. 2022 Feb;11(2):787-789
7. Chu EC. Remission of Headache and Neck Pain Following Chiropractic Manipulative Treatment in a Patient with Neurofibromatosis. Chiropractic Journal of Australia. 2022 February; 49(1):8-18
8. Chu EC, Leung K, Ng LL, Lam A. Vascular Thoracic Outlet Syndrome: A Case Report. J Contemp Chiropr. 2021 December; 4(1):142–145
9. Chu ECP, Wong AYL, Sim P, Krüger F. Exploring scraping therapy: Contemporary views on an ancient healing – A review. J Family Med Prim Care. 2021 Aug;10(8):2757-2762
10. Chu EC, Lo FS, Bhaumik A. Secondary atlantoaxial subluxation in isolated cervical dystonia-a case report. AME Case Rep. 2020;4:9
11. Chu EC, Butler KR. Resolution of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease Following Correction for Upper Cross Syndrome-A Case Study and Brief Review. Clin Pract. 2021 May 21;11(2):322-326
12. Chu ECP, Wong AYL. Chronic Orchialgia Stemming From Lumbar Disc Herniation: A Case Report and Brief Review. Am J Mens Health. 2021 May-Jun;15(3):15579883211018431
13. Chu EC, Wong AY, Lee LY. Craniocervical instability associated with rheumatoid arthritis: a case report and brief review. AME Case Rep. 2021;5:12.
14. Chu E. Thoracolumbar disc herniation: a hidden cause of monosymptomatic nocturnal enuresis. European Journal of Molecular and Clinical Medicine. 2021 April; 8(3):2834-2840
15. Chu EC. Improvement of quality of life by conservative management of thoracic scoliosis at 172°: a case report. J Med Life. 2022 Jan;15(1):144-148
16. Chu ECP, Chakkaravarthy DM, Lo FS, Bhaumik A. Atlantoaxial Rotatory Subluxation in a 10-Year-Old Boy. Clin Med Insights Arthritis Musculoskelet Disord. 2020;13:1179544120939069
17. Chu ECP, Lo FS, Bhaumik A. Plausible impact of forward head posture on upper cervical spine stability. J Family Med Prim Care. 2020 May;9(5):2517-2520
18. Chu ECP, Shum JSF, Lin AFC. Unusual Cause of Dysphagia in a Patient With Cervical Spondylosis. Clin Med Insights Case Rep. 2019;12:1179547619882707. doi: 10.1177/1179547619882707
19. Chu ECP, Lo FS, Bhaumik A. Remission of recalcitrant dermatomyositis following a chiropractic adjustment. J Family Med Prim Care. 2019 Nov;8(11):3742-3744
20. Chu ECP, Chan AKC, Lin AFC. Pitting oedema in a polio survivor with lumbar radiculopathy complicated disc herniation. J Family Med Prim Care. 2019 May;8(5):1765-1768
21. Chu ECP, Lam KKW. Post-poliomyelitis syndrome. Int Med Case Rep J. 2019;12:261-264
22. Chu ECP, Bellin D. Remission of myasthenia gravis following cervical adjustment. AME Case Rep. 2019;3:9
23. Chu ECP. Mitigating Gait Decline in a Woman With Parkinson’s Disease: A Case Report. J of Med Cases 13 (3), 140
24. Chu EC. Regression of Lumbar Disc Herniation Following Non-surgical Treatment. European Journal of Molecular & Clinical Medicine. 2020 July; 7(1):27-79
25. Chu EC, Wong AY, Lin AF. Isolated Neck Extensor Myopathy Associated With Cervical Spondylosis: A Case Report and Brief Review. Clin Med Insights Arthritis Musculoskelet Disord. 2020;13:1179544120977844.